Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

EVERYTHING WORKS OUT IN THE END

SAT 06 AUG 2011 11:35am 
I worked 2 days this week. So I'm slightly worn by that. Both long days. It was a shock to get a call for the next day, usually she gives me a week or so to get prepared. It's nice at the first because we're just dropping off and not picking up empty racks.

The Quaker mag has an update on what the off-spring are doing. They all seem to be enjoying good socially-aware careers.

SUN 07 AUG 2011 12:22pm 
Muggy again. I'm outside at the table, a pleasant little breeze ruffling my hair. Quiet in the neighbourhood except for the wind-towers and the odd motor vehicle attempting the land speed record. But, mostly it is quiet and I'm enjoying life as it was meant to be. The weather report shows stormy conditions for the whole week. But that can, and usually does, change. Jackie needs the car all week so I'm riding to work no matter what.

The mind isn't very reliable in this weather. It works to rule for the most part. If I think of something that needs doing I have to do it right away or it falls to the back of the line. And, believe me, it's a long line. But, everything gets done eventually. Did I mention my new motto I heard somewhere -Everything works out in the end; and if it hasn't worked out it isn't the end.

Saw the Dharlings last night at Neighbours. Excellent show, great food, generous friendly hosts.  It's really a treat having a place close by to go to on a Saturday night. And the Iron Spike ale is a plus.

WED 10 AUG 2011 6:47pm  Got to sleep through Sunday night because Joe called around midnight and said there wasn't a truck for me. One had a problem. So I got entirely too much sleep that night. Worked the last two days, long ones. In and out of storms a lot. Tomorrow is a short day.
Some shots of Port Bruce.






No comments:

Post a Comment