Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

 SAT 12 MAR 2011 8:58am  Sitting in The main room of the Lyndoch Lyceum. J is getting ready to give a talk on Chi Fusion. It's a beautiful room, with warm colours, and a nice collection of varied furniture. The building is an old school in a lovely village founded in 1812. Our good friend Kimberley runs this conference centre and B&B with her partner Richard.
Picked up a Zoomer magazine. I believe a zoomer is a boomer with an active lifestyle. Interesting articles. Gord Lightfoot on the cover. He's still going strong at 72. I guess that's part of the appeal, seeing someone getting on but still on the ball. We know a few people like that.

SAT 19 MAR 2011 10:58am Jackie is off doing her first class in Lyndoch. Hope it goes well. It should, she's quite prepared. Sounded like a fair number will turn out. It will be interesting to see.

Had a good visit with Chloe and Colton. Got to be with them for a couple of hours while their parents were out. No trouble at all. They're good kids. There were actually three, I guess, since Chloe has a 100 year old daughter. Lot's of experience to draw on, anyway.

7:30pm Jackie's class went well. Eight showed, with a couple more promised for next week. After class they drank tea and had a good chat.

I see I haven't even talked about the party last week. It was fun jamming with Colin, Michael Moon and Bud the banjo player. Colin & Janet's kids are really growing. There was a big crowd to celebrate Jeff's bd. Darlene didn't tell him about it but people kept arriving and he got the idea. We even got to dance a few slow jives with MM playing and Jamie on drum.

Also today I piled the rest of the wood. Now the snow will melt and we can clean the area. Mild days lately. Most snow is gone. Shows me all the work around the yard I have to do.

They have started at work but no call for me yet. No real hurry, but I'd like to get back before our savings are gone completely.

I did a lot while off, but didn't come up with a alternate income. Wonder if I ever will?

Tomorrow is Chloe's 5th bd party.

TUES 22 MAR 2011 3:57pm  Rain is on the way; you can feel it in the air. In fact, they're calling for more of the white stuff tomorrow.

Chloe's bd party on Sunday was held in a bowling alley. Actually a good place for a kids party. They can run around and hoot and holler and even throw big balls around. For the little ones there is a contraption like a ski jump that they roll the ball down. And there's no frustration with gutter balls because they put up bumpers to hold the ball on the lane. There was food and drinks, even a beer if you wanted one. And lots of presents, including a new bike. Chloe was one happy 5 year old.
I was surprised that I was able to knock down a few pins. It's been, what?, 30 years. Found a few muscles I'd forgotten about. They made their presence known the next morning.

Started cutting down Manitoba maples around our place. I just don't want them getting so big that I won't be able to tackle them myself. Even now it's a challenge. I'll see how it goes.

Christopher, Vanessa's brother, gave me a good idea what to do with my daily pictures of one spot. I wasn't really sure how I was going to display them. 365 photographs is a lot. He said I can put them into a slideshow with just seconds in between and they'll go by very fast, but you will see the seasons change. So, that's the plan. Then I can post it on YouTube. You'll see the difference where I cut the tree down also.

Got my motorcycle sticker on Friday. I'll wait til the snow passes before taking it out. If we don't get any here maybe I'll get out tomorrow or the next day. It would be good to take it the first day of work – whenever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment