Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

EASTER AND A GOOD WALK IN THE WOODS



EASTER SUNDAY 24 APR 2011 9:09am Had a really good visit with Matt and family yesterday. Jackie and Michael went also, so that made it a real family get-to-gether, which was great. It was good to see the kids out playing in the dirt. Very kind of Gail and Barry to house them until their farmhouse is available.

Earlier I took the car to Matt for tires and bearing replacement. A dent in the wallet, but it's so good not to have to worry about the car breaking down. We had enough years of that, and we drive a lot, living out here in the boonies.

And even earlier – Thursday and Friday – I was outside the whole day through burning, and raking, and just trying to make the place look less messy. It's probably the best clean-up in a long time. There's always more to do but the worst is done. If I was retired I'd work away at it each day and it would all get done. But, I do what I can.

The cat, who has been licking herself for a half hour, looks up at me and gives a big sigh to let me know how hard it is to keep all this fur clean, then goes back to it.

Just went for a walk in the woods. Looking for fungus to photograph. Found some nice ones. Also an old dump, picked up a few bottles.


Shag-bark Hickory

Marsh

Reflection

Bloodroot
 





Moss & Fungus

No comments:

Post a Comment