Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

CRANE OVER TILLSONBURG

FRI JUNE 10 2011  6:24pm  Sitting in the gazebo again. Fish flies are incredibly thick and persistent but  not in here.

My brother George was in hospital but seems to be better now. That's good to hear. Helen keeps me updated.

It's been rainy and stormy off and on all week. Wanting to rain right now but only squeezing out a few drops.

Went to the open mic at the Norfolk in Dover the other day. Cindy hosted and many old faces appeared. Not that they are old, I just haven't made it there for a long while.  
Tom Swiech has a good album out and laid a copy on me. Nostalgic and romantic numbers sauteed in country. I've always been impressed with his lyrics
I'm always nervous at first about going to these things but am glad I went after.

Jackie is getting a little scooter to take her to her classes. This is for when the car isn't available, or even when it is, just for fun and to save gas. And only for short distances. It's a 50cc Honda Ruckus. Cute. Doesn't go very fast but she will still have to get a license. It's more like riding a bicycle than a motorcycle., so she won't have to keep up with traffic just stay out of the way. Not that there's much traffic on the back roads here anyway.  I think she'll really enjoy it.

Took more trucks back today, things are winding down. It will still go to the end of the month, just using fewer drivers. I go on a rack hunt on Monday. That means I don't deliver anything just pick up empty racks at stores.  Less stress over all. Not that I've been that stressed. Just saying.

Since I'm not actually taking piano lessons right now, I'm going back to the beginning to really get the sight reading down, especially in the bass clef. That's my biggest goal right now, to be able to play a song at sight as easily as I can on guitar.

Just finished Keith Richards' Life. The amazing part is that he is still alive and kicking. I seriously doubt I would be after all that.

SAT 11 JUNE 2011 11:50am
Hard to believe it's still morning. I've just been at it since I got up. Just little things but it adds up.



Took some photos of this huge crane looming in the Tillsonburg skyline. The lady guarding the property came running over to tell us all about it. How it took 3 weeks to set up after arriving from the States and it was coming down soon. It was used to put steel beams on the top of an existing factory, to raise the roof so to speak. All this for producing blades for  wind turbines. She said 300 jobs would come of it, although on the news I heard 900. But if the government changes in the fall election the whole thing could be stopped.  Easy come....



I'm washing the cat's blankets. It's about time, the smell could gag you. Forgot to close the garage door properly last night and she got out. She's in heat so I know what she was up to. Just hope there's no little kitties on the way.  She's curled up on her chair right now trying to appear innocent of nocturnal shenanigans.

Rain again and all week apparently. Sheesh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment