Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

THE WEEK THAT WAS

MON 02 JAN 2012 8:16am  Now it's snowy and blowy.  Had trouble getting up early even though I got to sleep by 9. Have to get more determined.

6:14pm  Got a good start on The Beader, another story I'm finishing. It feels good to get these unfinished pieces out of my head and on to paper.

We did our year-end ritual today. Looked over all the things we did last year and what we bought or acquired somehow. Next year the second part should be much smaller because we have most of what we have been wanting. Now I can concentrate on writing and Jackie can get her Level 3&4 of her Qigong (great Scrabble word) course. We're in a good place right now.  We are far from rich in the money sense, but have untold riches in health and relationships.  So, bring on 2012, we're ready.

TUE 03 JAN 2012 6:57am
Heavy snowfall last night. I found the rest of The Beader on the iMac.  At least I have the story. I was having trouble remembering the middle part. And there is another section to write.  I went to the cliff last evening. The waves were rolling in and looked so cold. Then the snow picked up and I couldn't see the water anymore. I climbed up the side so I could see into the gully. Such an incredible beauty, wouldn't know where to start to describe it. With January has come winter.

THURS 05 JAN 2012 8:43am
I'm not being very good about getting up. I do get up but not very early. I'm going to Helen's on Monday.  It's above zero for the next week so it will be good traveling. My brain is a bit scattered also, having a hard time writing at any pace. I counted the stories I'm working on and they are 14. That's a lot. That is part of what is scattering me, I guess. Need to stick to one or two until they are finished. Ghosts is finished basically, and so is Lost and The Beader is pretty close. I have some sorting out of scenes. Right now I have two endings which I need to make into one. Actually, it could be a much longer story. Maybe I'll look into that.  Now I need food, breakfast time.

10:42pm Did a fair bit. Jerry-rigged the mail box until spring when I need to redo the whole thing. Did some serious story editing. Took the VW in for back tire installation. Now to bed.

SAT 07 JAN 2012 9:54am Another beautiful sun-swept day in the country. I was able to do some work on the studio yesterday, solve some problems. Today I go at it again. I'm determined to get this done soon.  Would like to at least get the front all done today. But, probably more than that if I get at it.
10:13pm  I did get done what I wanted today. Unbelievable weather for January, so I had to make the most of it. I'm also reading a lot of great short fiction, Anton Chekhov and William Trevor, to keep me in the right frame of mind to write short fiction.
The studio as it stands today and probably will until spring.

Dave's Back Porch looking a bit forlorn.
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment