Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I'M A BODHRAN MAN

TUES 21 FEB 2012 1:31 pm  Went for a drive yesterday, ending up at Niagara Falls. If there is a tackier town in North America I don't know where it is. But, it's so much fun. There have to be more motels than anywhere else in existence. Clifton Hill is a riot of colour and noise, everyone vying for the tourist dollar.

Then you go down and around the corner and there is one of the most spectacular natural sights you could imagine. Hundreds of tons of cascading water, thrilling the tourists and keeping our lights on, all in one fell swoop, (meaning single action or occurrence – I looked it up). It's a strange juxtaposition that's been going on since the first Europeans stumbled upon the falls.
'This is pretty cool, but imagine it with a hot-dog stand!' 


We stumbled upon a Tender Tootsies outlet and I found some much needed new boots.

Saturday I went with Matt and Vanessa to see Jay Linden and Duane Rutter share the stage at the Moonshine Cafe www.themoonshinecafe.com/about.htm in Oakville. It was a full house but you could almost hear a name drop as they traded original songs for close to three hours. I've mentioned before how the Moonshine is very supportive of musicians, treating them with the respect they deserve. A good place to see someone if you want to really listen to all the nuances.

I stayed over at Matt's and had a really good day hanging with the kids on Sunday.

My Bodhran

J just came home from the post office with a big package for me. It is a Bodhran (Celtic  drum)from Michael. (My bd is coming up.) It even has a CD to tell you how to play it. I've always liked the sound of them, so now I can learn. Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment