Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

TOBACCO AGAIN & SNOW

FRI 18 FEB 2011 4:15pm  Well, I am out in my studio. It's drying out right at the moment. Had a bit of a flood with the run-off from melting snow. It happened last year also, so I should have been prepared for it. But, it will dry and all will be well. I put some roofing tar on the joints on the metal roof, which may help. I was thinking the best thing might be to cover the roof with a tarp.

The Mac is working fine out there. I managed to scan a picture but still haven't figured out how to put it where I want it.

Last nights drama class was great. Learned how to relax the body, control breath and this all led to projecting the voice. Elana showed us how she could raise her voice higher by degrees and by the end we were glad we were on the other side of the room. She's got a powerful voice. But, it should come naturally, like little kids do it. A lot of us gradually get restricted in the throat.

Everything is melting. It's been around 7 degrees the past two days. But, by Monday all will be back to normal.

MON 21 FEB 2011 11:59am  I wasn't kidding when I said we'd be back to normal on Monday. We went from bare ground to at least a foot of snow overnight. There was a drift of about 3 feet on the side porch. Saturday we had a good breakfast at the Sunshine and then gave the car a much needed wash and vacuum. Sunday we went to the Brantford Conservation Area and walked along a trail until we came to a huge bridge across the Grand River. Quite spectacular.
Pedestrian Bridge - Brantford Conservation Area

Grand River, Brantford, ON

Good Canoe Route


The set-up in my studio is working well. I've started working on my podcast. Get to use my research skills, something I've always been wanting to do.

While out driving I spotted some tobacco kilns with leaves air drying in them.








And then there was a row stretching as far as the eye could see of leaves under a tarp. First time I'd seen this arrangement. Kind of like a huge centipede crawling off into the woods.

2 comments:

  1. Great pics. The Grand is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Grand is amazing; it was well named. That's an easy walk between farmers' fields. It's actually quite close to the city but feels like it's the middle of nowhere.

    ReplyDelete