Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A TRIP DOWN TOBACCO ROAD

I haven't done much posting lately. It's partly because things are so up in the air around here  in our  computer world (we got another computer- trying to send files from one to another, and download huge updates, the mail programs being the hardest to get along with). Jackie has put an awful lot of time into it and it's almost set.

Soon I'll have my little hidden studio all teched out for recording, etc.   I do plan on doing a pod-cast soon, so I'll let you know how that's going. And I will be putting out a new ambient record. But, in the meantime, here's a familiar sight around here....
Tobacco Kilns

These are the older style of kiln, which are locally pronounced Kill. So, in case you ever wondered what Stompin' Tom was referring to when he sang 'When they talked about making the kill, I was down the highway and over the hill.' (Tillsonburg by Tom Connors), now you know. This is where the picked leaves are carted to and hung up to dry before being sent to the gasper factory. Of course, much less of that goes on now and growers are branching out into other areas.
Take a deep breath, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment