Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

FRIENDLY FACES IN THE GARDEN


THUR 21 JULY 2011 12:15pm  Woke up for the second time around 11am. Woke up for the first time at 4, got up and had breakfast at 5:30. Did some reading somewhere in there. That's been my day so far. Had to close the windows last night to keep out the skunk smell, we nearly died from heat. J left for her classes early. It's so humid I feel like the world is moving in slow motion. I can't even consider doing anything. Microwave oven wasn't working this morning. I think I'm going to push myself and make a pot of coffee.

2:34pm  Mission accomplished. A fine pot of coffee if I do say so myself. J got back from her lessons and now is off for a coffee with Jan our neighbour. I'm occupying the gazebo trying to get some writing done.  The humidity has lifted enough to be tolerable. Thank God for small mercies, as my mother used to say. The cat is in heat so I put her in her outside home, it's cool under the trees. Now everyone is safe and accounted for so I will concentrate on writing. Wish me luck.  

4:30pm Wow, I've been writing all this time. Flowed nicely, tales from my past which I hope to fictionalize to make a bit more exciting. But, getting the basic story down first is probably a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment