Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1ST PIANO LESSON

TUES 11 JAN 2011 2:30PM  Had my first piano lesson from my good friend Dianne. No matter how old you get it's always good to start something new. Keeps the juices flowing. Keeps you humble too. I've been a keyboard adventurer, played on my CD, Various Mansions of the Universe, but don't know the first thing about proper form or how to read the bass cleft, things like that. I like not even knowing what there is to know. But, if you want to make any real progress you eventually have to know it. If that makes sense.
Dianne ran for public office this past year but unfortunately lost. She has been presenting Tillsonburg Music Fest on Canada Day for 7 years now with very little support from the town. It's a shame how the arts can take a back seat in some places.
While Jackie shops for groceries I sit overlooking a big field and the wind is just howling. The wind is sort of my totem. It feeds me when I need refilling. If you listen closely it will speak to you of long ago and far away. For who has done more travelling through time and space than the wind?

Got a shot of an Amish buggy and the faithful horse. He has to sit out and wait also. He's got a blanket on but must be still a bit cold. Like Gord Downie  says it's a lazy wind, it doesn't go around you, it goes right through.
My favourite part of this is being able to link to sites. It makes it so easy for someone to check out something that may pique their interest.
There are a lot of Amish farms around here which gives you a fascinating look at another culture, what was once our culture. Before cars everyone knew what to do with a horse. And people lived and died by what they could grow to eat.  And this is less than 200 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment