Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

IGLOO FOR CATS, EH?

WED 19 JAN 2011 12:25am
Went for a walk. It was just too nice out not to. Above freezing, snow is melting all over the place, and it's also very bright with the full moon, even though it's cloudy. Stayed on the road because the snow is quite deep and I don't have that much energy to walk through it.
 I'm tired, off to bed.

THURS 20 JAN 2011 12:22pm Woke up to a bright sunny day. It was bright last night also with the full moon giving its' all. Started dance lessons -again- and I think it's going to take this time. It's a bonus, although not for Susan, the instructor, that there are only 3 couples, so it goes much faster and we get more individual attention, which really helps. The steps are much more in my head, now I have to work on timing, which has always been a challenge for me.

Tonight it's acting classes! I feel so Bohemian.

We're both a bit wiped today. I cut some more wood yesterday. Piano playing is coming along. It really is just repetition. Maryanne is such a beautiful melody it almost brings a tear when I play it. Well, it looks like the dishes aren't going to do themselves, so I guess I'll wander over there.

FRI 21 JAN 2011  10:49am Had our first drama class. Alana, the instructor is a professional actor with lots of experience behind her. She would be between engagements now because she will be having a baby in a month or so. Claire, a musician we've met before, is the only other one for now, there might be one or two more next week.

She talked about what acting is and how the aim of the course is to make us free enough to take on other roles. We did some role playing which I always dreaded but found to be quite fun once I got into it. It was improv, actually, another thing I've always wanted to do. I think this really is what I've been looking for. The self-censor is so strong in me I have trouble talking to people. It even affects my writing. If I can get over that I know it will be life-changing.

Igloo for Cats

Denny Crane & Allan Shore
I see the cats are using the igloo I built them - a tarp and snow covering the picnic table. That's good because it was bitter last night. There's a piece of foam on the ground also. They're such good buddies these guys, we call them Denny Crane and Allan Shore, referencing the old Boston Legal series. We don't get TV but we do get some series from the library on DVD. That was one we enjoyed. 
And these guys are inseparable just like their name-sakes. They aren't fat-cats, though, just heavily furred.

No comments:

Post a Comment