Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

THE WEEK PROGRESSES

THURS 06 JAN 2011  3:01 pm  Dentist visit today. We actually like going. I guess it feels good to know that your mouth is being looked after and it will still be around for as long as we need it. Jackie has a cavity, so she has to go back next week. Overall though we're a lot better than before. Part of it is our new Big Breakfast diet. We've been on that for a few months and have much more energy and have lost weight. I think it's the first actual diet I've ever been on. We're at a grocery store now picking up something for lunch. It's cheaper than a restaurant and you can have what is needed at this time. No carbs or sweets in the afternoon. After we need to get a new scanner. I have a lot of old photos I want to get on so I really need one.

4:38 pm Lunch was good. Chicken and vegetables and fruit. No luck with a scanner yet. Walking is still hard, although the right ankle is a bit less painful.

FRI 07 JAN 2011 1:34 pm Put up the first photo on my blog. It looks good, went up easily and quickly. So, I will use many more. It is called Gingerbread Hot Tub. Lori's little cookies soaking in my breakfast  bowl. Lori has a nice tradition with her mother Pat, and now her daughter, Logan, each year before Christmas, to take a day baking a whole pile of gingerbread people together. And lucky friends like me get to sample the results.   And, of course, seeing them lounging in my yogurt I couldn't resist taking a picture.

I met Lori when I went back to school some 15 years ago. We were in the Library Tech. Program. The year I would have graduated, (except for the one credit I never did get), was around the time our Premier decided that libraries weren't really that important since he had only read one book in his life, and cut back funding and jobs. So, I never worked in the field but did get a lot out of the experience. Not the least being I met a life-long friend who is as taken by literature as I am. And makes good cookies.

Jackie, who is my IT person along with a long list of other things, is trying to reattach an old printer which should still work to take the place of a newer one which doesn't. But, she's having difficulties, probably has to phone the company.

I just came in from cutting fire wood, trying to clean up the back where we lost large limbs and even whole trees this year. Quiet today, even the wind turbines stand silent. A gentle snow is falling. Sometimes it's like living in a snow globe.

Michael, who is Jackie's son, phoned today saying he's put an offer in for a house in Goderich, where he now lives in an apartment in a house. He seems to like that town a lot. It's been called Ontario's prettiest town, with it's big square which is actually octagonal, and it's great beach on Lake Huron. He likes walking beaches also. I think it's becoming a national pastime. Anything that gets you away from cities is good in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment