Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

SNOW ON THE GROUND

TUES 04 JAN 2011 10:52 am Snow. It finally looks like winter again, not like an early spring with green grass and mud in the driveway. I've started to take a picture a day in the same spot outside the living room window. This is to go on for a year. Should be interesting.

I'm going to my son Matt's to get snow tires on. Just in the nick of time probably.

Had a good visit with Helen's family on Sunday. A wild old game of Frustration, a card game taught us by my parents years ago and a favourite of lovers of punishment ever since, went on for hours. Coleen won. My great-niece who now is living in Dallas TX and has been to more countries than I've probably even heard of.
Have to leave for Oakville now.


WED 05 JAN 2011 11:26 am Snow on the ground, snow all around. Dum de dum. I'm sore today, not to mention yesterday. When I took the car in to have the door lock fixed I walked to downtown Simcoe and back. Walking on sidewalks destroys my feet. And my ankles, and my knees and hips. That's partly why I live in the country. When I drove to Matt's I could barely work the brake and clutch pedals.

Got the winter tires on. The two back tires were slick, so it was a good time. Have to buy new ones in the spring. Also replace suspension parts. But that's for later. Now it's running smoothly. It is good to have a mechanic for a son. The house that he and Vanessa are going to rent in Aug is really coming along. All new electrical and plumbing is done. Good second-hand kitchen cupboards bought. I had a good visit.
Watched a Barbie movie with Chloe. I actually kind of enjoyed it. Maybe because I was watching it with my grandaughter snuggled in beside me and giving me a running commentary. Maybe because they used such fanciful scenes. Would I still like it if I was watching it with a bunch of bikers at a bar? I'll have to try that sometime. I have no trouble sitting through Teletubbies either.  Colton and Chloe played their little guitars that they'd gotten for Christmas.

I'm having a bit of trouble knowing how to proceed with this. This blog is supposed to be my journal as it is. But, when I write in the journal not expecting anyone else to read it it's different than knowing others will see it. The problem isn't a privacy thing it's just how much extra explaining I need to do for others to know what and who I'm talking about. If I explain too much it throws off the rhythm of the writing and makes it sound forced. I only mention this because this blog is an experiment for me and later I'll look back and say Oh yes, I had this problem and this is how it worked itself out.

For now I think I'll revert to not explaining over-much and if you are following you will eventually see where everyone fits in. Let's see how that goes, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment