Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

OUT & ABOUT

MON 10 JAN 2011 7:30 am Finally got up early, about an hour ago. Have been working on Ghosts, a short fiction about a truck driver  who, in the early hours, keeps finding traffic victims in the passenger seat.  Most of them very talkative.
A nice treat for getting up early. It was like frozen snow flakes stuck to the branches.


2:18 pm I'm out and about today. Mostly returning stuff to stores. And returning to stores to look for my keys. They were missing in action, leaving a bit of a sinking feeling. The only place I thought they might be is in the trunk because I'd put some stuff in there. But, I retraced my steps and found them at the customer service in Zehr's. A big thank you to the universe.
Cold and clear. The Inner Bay at Long Point sits frozen and solemn. Looks like a few ice huts far in the distance. Soon there will be many more as the ice gets thicker.
 The Country Coffee coffee is hitting the spot. A Kestrel just flew by in dive bomb position. I wonder who bought it. This is what I like about being laid off. Having the time to sit and contemplate without feeling the need to be somewhere else.


Long Point - Inner Bay

This is one of the best places to do that. An overview of a World Biosphere Site. It's good to be able to let your eyes focus far into the distance.  Good for the soul.
  Work should be what you love to do not what you have to do. Of course, for some of us, we're probably better off than at any time in history but, there's still room for improvement.
It's funny, I was sitting here for at least a half hour and nobody drove in. As soon as I got out to take pictures everyone and their brother pulled in.
One reason I'm out today is Jackie is filming her Chi-Fusion class. This is how she's judged capable of teaching by the man giving the course. And it helps apparently if I'm not running in and out every 5 minutes. Which I guess I tend to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment